Sunday, January 19, 2014

Made it 7 Days!

I wasn't sure if I could make it this far but I did...Jason did too.  We went shopping earlier to get ready for our second week of this.  I'm loving trying all the recipes.  But, they do take a lot of prep work.  I'm not really craving too many sweets...of course I could always eat a slice of cake or a cupcake but it's not taunting me like at the beginning.  The only thing I am craving is something to drink besides water.  I tried a couple smoothie drinks but they just didn't taste good.  I was told that since it was still in my first week they probably wouldn't and to try it later on in the detox.  But, I think we'll stick to our own smoothies...we're thinking almond milk, banana and almond butter.

So, here's what we had to eat for Friday, Saturday and today.

For breakfast Friday, Jason fixed some scrambled eggs and tossed in the leftover sausage and rice.  We ate breakfast so late that we just snacked for lunch.  For dinner, we had the dish that was like a shepherd's pie only the topping was butternut squash.  We had 1/2 cup of rice with it as well as a salad with green apples, beets, carrots, and cucumbers with a lemon type dressing.  The salad was pretty good.

Saturday for breakfast was a hash with bacon, carrots, and parsnips.  I was a little iffy on this but of course we wanted to try it.  We had it with some scrambled eggs and I have to say, it was pretty good.  Andrew loved the hash which surprised us.  This was also a meal that it was so late when we ate that we just snacked for lunch.  Dinner was some Asian style meatballs with some rice.  These were good and definitely a keeper.

Today's breakfast was some fresh sausage, rice and scrambled eggs (we are going through eggs like crazy).  Again this was a meal we ate late so lunch was just snacks of nuts/cheese/jerky.  Dinner was supposed to be some burgers with this cauliflower recipe I found.  But, we got a late start on grocery shopping so we picked up some burritos in the organic/gluten free section.  We checked the ingredients as best we could...it probably was a little bit of a slip but for the most part it wasn't bad.

I'm looking forward to trying even more recipes this week.  We are going on a trip with the boys tomorrow, so I'm interested in seeing how well we'll do because I'm sure we're going to have to grab something out to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment