Monday, February 10, 2014

Trying Something New

There is a local dance studio in our town and they offer a couple workout classes for adults...Zumba and PiYo.  Now, I have done Zumba before a couple years ago and I loved it.  I loved it so much I got Zumba for the Wii but I was a little disappointed as the Zumba in class wasn't truly authentic.  The instructor incorporated newer dance music and dance moves with traditional Zumba moves.  And the Wii Zumba was more traditional moves and music.  It was still fun though.  I have not ever taken a PiYo class--which is a mixture of Pilates and Yoga and there's some cardio thrown in. 

What I like is that the first class you go to is free to see if it's something you are going to like or not.  And then if you come back, then it's only $5 per class.  I would only be able to go to the evening classes which would be 2 evenings a week.  I'm hoping they work out for me becuase it's something that I can do for myself.  Even though I will miss being at home it's only for an hour and it's going to benefit myself.

As much as I love classes, I always hate the first couple.  I am always self conscious and super shy.  When I did Zumba before I always hoped I didn't look stupid doing the moves.  And I never really talked to anyone.  I'm hoping I don't make a fool of myself at these classes especially since it's been a couple years since I've been to a class.

The Zumba class is tonight and due to having other plans, I doubt I'll be able to make it to tonight's class.  We are expecting some snow/ice Tuesday so I don't know if I'll be able to do PiYo Tuesday or not.  If not, then I'll start next week.  Either way, I'll be sure to check back in and tell how my experience was. 

I think it's going to be good for me to get out and learn to get out of my comfort zone and try something new.  I urge everyone to try something new and something for yourself...even if you are out of your comfort zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment