Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Whole Lotta Updates

Been MIA for the past week and I do apologize...life got busy and I wasn't feeling the best this week and I have been playing catchup on dishes.  I hate doing dishes.  I try to cram as much as possible in the dishwasher and then what's left over gets washed by hand.  But I find that I'm using dishes almost as fast as they're being washed.  Chopping and prepping all the foods and then cooking and my kitchen is a disaster area.  So, that gets cleaned up and kitchen is all nice and clean and it starts all over again (usually just breakfast and/or dinner) since lunch is typically leftovers.  But I think I'm all caught up...at least until tomorrow!

Jason and I made it the whole week on the detox.  We had 2 slip ups and I can say that I can totally tell a difference when we did.  I'm not going to go into detail about everything that we ate this week but it was good food...except our slip up days.  On Thursday, I was not feeling good.  I had a headache and throat just was feeling a little weird like I might be coming down with a cold.  Totally caved and we ate McDonald's.  That was a horrible idea.  It didn't taste good at all--in the past, it would have been great.  I got a sprite to drink and yuck, it tasted like syrup!  Friday morning, got back on track with breakfast and lunch.  I was in bed almost the whole day just with a headache and still feeling like crap.  Schyler and Andrew were awesome and helped me out alot.  Thankfully they are old enough to fend for themself when I'm not feeling well and do spend alot of time in bed.  Samuel  of course depends on me for food so he hung out in bed with me.  When Jason got in from work, we talked about dinner and it was supposed to be this cabbage wraps with pork and shrimp and veggies.  But, I just was not up to getting in there to help him prep.  So, we ordered Mexican and I wound up eating a taco salad with grill chicken, peppers, onions, cheese, lettuce, sour cream.  Which would have been fine but I ate the shell.  So today, day 13 of the detox, we got back on track.  I didn't eat breakfast because I didn't get a chance to cook but I did eat a sweet potato.  Then finally about 1:30, we got in the kitchen and did the cabbage wraps.  They were great except the shrimp--I'll get into that.  Dinner tonight is going to be breakfast--think we're going to do some kind of Mexican frittata. 

So, shrimp...I love shrimp.  Maybe I should say loved because I don't know if I'll be able to eat it anymore.  Several months into my pregnancy we ate Mexican and Jason got shrimp fajitas.  The waiter came around the corner and I could smell it and started gagging...it was gross.  Ok, no big deal, I'm pregnant and this will pass.  Nope, it hasn't.  I'm only 7 weeks postpartum so hopefully it will all get better.  If it was going to happen, why couldn't it have been something I didn't like or didn't need to eat?!

No comments:

Post a Comment