Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Long Absence

A few months ago I deleted my old blog "Carol Ann's Ramblings".  I hadn't posted as often as I wanted and it was hard to keep up with it-working full time, being a wife and mommy things got hectic and I put blogging on the back burner.  And honestly, I really didn't know what to talk about.

I didn't have many readers before but I can do a quick recap.  In March 2013 (it was actually Easter Sunday) Jason and I found out we were expecting baby #3...complete and utter shock.  We had talked about having a third and the one month we tried it didn't happen.  So, we decided to take some time, me lose weight and then we'd try again.  Without going into detail and getting too personal, I was having some issues and didn't think I would or could get pregnant.  But, lo and behold there was other plans in store for us.  On December 5 we welcomed baby Samuel and our family of four was became a family of five...and I'm surrounded by boys!  No, seriously, the only other female in our house is our cat Olivia!

So, here we are in 2014 and of course we all make resolutions.  I'm horrible at making these because I always have the same one--lose weight, get in shape, blah, blah, blah.  This year I did make that same resolution but I have a different mindset about it.  I don't want it to be a diet...I want it to be a lifestyle.  So, Jason and I have embarked on a 21 day sugar detox.  We bought the book and cookbook written by Diane Sanfilippo, read through, and we started.  I'll have a separate post about the first couple days of our journey on that.

My other "resolution" is to just be the best wife and mom I can.  Since I'm not working at the moment and I don't know if/when I will go back to work, I want to enjoy my family more and make a ton more memories that my kids will have to look back on.  So, here's to 2014 and all the memories that it will bring!

1 comment: